Get weekly email updates

Follow

Spinach and roasted hazelnut pesto


It wasn't until last year, when I made pesto for the first time, that I realised how much better homemade can be than the ready-made sort I'd always been happy to use before. Recently I needed pesto for a recipe I was demonstrating at a foodie show and so started experimenting with some different flavours for it. This came out really well and I think it'll be my go-to pesto recipe from now on. The best thng about it is that because it's not as sharp as ready-made, it works really well as a dip with a little mayo added, and as a spread on croutons as a canapĂ© or a starter just as it is.

30g baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
5 basil leaves
half a clove of garlic 
25g roasted hazelnuts
25g parmesan, grated (or vegetarian alternative)
one and a half tbsp lemon juice

Whizz all the ingredients together, then store in a screwtop jar or airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.

Serves 4-6

A COOK’S PLOT TIP: I bought roasted, ready-ground hazelnuts in Waitrose but if you buy them whole and unroasted, dry-toast them in a frying pan until they begin to release a lovely aroma, and then add them to the food processor 

A COOK’S PLOT TIP 2: This is my original pesto recipe - it's really good too!
https://a-cooks-plot.blogspot.com/2019/02/how-to-grow-basil-in-winter.html

If you don’t already get regular updates from A Cook’s Plot and you’d like to get an email each week when I add a new post, or if you would like to get in touch about this or any other recipe, please email me at a-cooks-plot@gmx.co.uk

Alternatively, fill in your email address and click on 'Follow' below:

Follow Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

Popular Posts